7.04.2010

We all knew this day was coming

The question we have gotten from friends and family almost weekly since we moved here has been:

"How long will you be in Canada?"

I can finally give you an answer. Not much longer.

Peter's had an offer for a really great position with his company in Midland, Texas and so we are moving!


I'm actually super stoked to move. But WHY you ask. Why would you want to move to MIDLAND? Hot, small, boring, 87% Republican, hometown of George Dubya himself, Midland Texas??

Midland Independent School District is why. And Midland real estate. And being within driving distance of everyone in my family. And Target. And Mexican food.

Since the possibility of this opportunity came up a few weeks ago, I have been making packing lists in my head and mentally preparing all the things that need to happen to move. WAY before Peter even interviewed. In other words, I have felt not the slightest hesitation about this decision. I'm ready. Let's go tomorrow.

Our time in Calgary has been lovely. We certainly have enjoyed being near the mountains and the city is great. And I will miss Christine and Tim TREMENDOUSLY (I don't even want to talk about that yet....), but for me our time here has been tough. I haven't been successful in developing my career and so I've felt a bit like I'm suspended in space, waiting for something.

So when Peter called to say he accepted the job, my head exploded. After I put myself back together and did a little tap dance around the house, I got down to business and have already done everything I can possibly do to get my Texas teaching certification process started and have applied for jobs in both Midland and neighboring Odessa. Now we wait (what's new). And now I focus on getting our household ready to move back across the continent.

In the way of details, I don't have many. We are going. I don't have an exact date, but by the beginning of August. I don't know where we will live when we get down there. I don't know if we will go for a visit first. I don't know what we will do with all the flower pots we just planted. We'll figure it all out.

For now, I am just celebrating the start of a new chapter for us.

No comments: