8.17.2012

Things I pray for

The Pioneer Woman (who I love and adore) recently wrote a post wondering what kind of man her son will grow to be. She inspired me to share with you something similar. The list of things I pray over my son (mostly, while I'm nursing him because it's a sweet time that we are both still and quiet).

I pray that he will be:

honest
grateful
courageous
humble
kind
faithful
smart
patient
thoughtful
athletic
healthy
curious
witty
compassionate

That he will:

stand up for himself
be a good husband and father
love his mother
be respectful
never hit back
go to university
find activities/a career that fufill him
be kind to others
not desire to play football
be confident in his abilities
be an individual
ask questions
read, read, read
pick up after himself
be independent

Being his mother and his first teacher seem like a mighty task so I also pray constantly for the wisdom and grace to teach him all those things, and many more. God is faithful.

No comments: